Our Current Openings
Kent Pulmonary Associates is seeking a Physician Assistant to provide comprehensive assessment and care delivery while demonstrating a high level of autonomy and expert skills in the diagnosis and management of Pulmonary and Sleep Medicine patients.
- Practice 50% Pulmonary and 50% Sleep Medicine
- Mostly outpatient clinic work but there could be periodic consults/visits in the hospital. Clinic is on the Bayhealth-Kent hospital campus.
- Join a team of 6 physicians and 2 Respiratory Therapists
It is essential to the success of Kent Pulmonary Associates that the PA provide adequate descriptive information for billing and for legal purposes, should the occasion arise.The PA shall document the following elements of each patient encounter on the patient medical record: history, physical examination and medical decision making, the content of the documentation shall conform to current AMA CPT guidelines in the amount of detail appropriate for the patient’s complaint or medical condition. A presumptive or definitive diagnosis[s] shall be entered on the patient’s record. The diagnosis[s] shall conform to the best extent possible to approved ICD-9 Code diagnosis[s]. In addition, the PA shall fill out additional sections of the patient’s medical record which include but are not limited to the following: drug allergies, tetanus immunization status, discharge instructions and additional forms and charts as requested by the Practice. The PA will cooperate with any modifications in documentation requirements as requested by the Practice. The PA shall fill out all forms and charts in accordance with all federal, state and local laws, Medicare and Medicaid and regulations. When the above-mentioned information has been placed on the chart, the chart will be shown to the supervising physician for approval not only of the examination and proposed therapy and disposition, but for PA/MD signature. If more than one service is rendered to a patient during any one encounter, a detailed description of each service must be recorded by the PA. The PA will be responsible to bill under own individual NPI when independently seeing patients in satellite offices and will be responsible to document appropriately to billing charges.
The working schedule is Monday through Friday 9a-5p and the average work week will consist of 40 hours. Locations: Dover, Smyrna and Milford, DE.
SOFT SKILLS – a MUST HAVE!!!
- Emotional stability
- Detail oriented
- Work well independently.
- Be a team player.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Master’s Degree-Physician Assistant (Required)
Certification(s) and License(s):
Certified Physician Assistant – National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA); Basic Life Support Certification – Default Issuing Body
Please check out our website to learn more about what we do and who we are:
Busy multi-doctor Pulmonary practice seeking a Medical Assistant for full-time position, hours may vary. Ideal candidate should possess ability to problem solve, have excellent communication and telephone skills, and be customer service oriented. Duties include both Clinical and Administrative responsibilities including but not limited to Check-In, Check-Out, Medical Records, PFT’s and Vitals. Experience with Electronic Medical Records preferred and Insurance experience is desired. Candidate should have ability to travel to satellite locations in Smyrna and Milford.
Competitive benefits including Medical and 401k.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- medical assistant: 1 year (Preferred)
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) (Preferred)
- Multiple locations
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Travel Between Offices:
- 8 hours
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction