What is Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
Quality of Life
The Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program is a medically supervised exercise and education program designed to increase your activities of daily living and improve your overall quality of life.
Pulmonary Rehab is covered by Medicare and most insurance plans for those participants who qualify under current guidelines.
Who is eligible for Pulmonary Rehabilitation?
The program is open to individuals who have diagnosed lung disease to include:
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Persistent Asthma
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
- Interstitial Lung Disease
- Cystic Fibrosis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pre/Post Lung transplantation
- Pre/Post Lung volume reduction surgery
- Other respiratory diseases
What should I expect?
Each participant will receive an initial evaluation and an individualized treatment plan to include:
- Respiratory assessment
- Six-minute walk test
- Cardiopulmonary exercise test
- Nutritional assessment
- Psychosocial assessment
- Individualized exercise plan
- Home exercise plan
Participants will attend sessions twice a week for up to 12 weeks. Each exercise session is an hour long and consists of exercise as well as education. Regular attendance at the sessions is extremely important in order to ensure you receive the benefits of the program.
Education topics include:
- Breathing Retraining
- Disease process & management techniques
- Medication administration & airway clearance techniques
- Activities of daily living & energy conservation
- Prevention of respiratory infections
- Stress management & relaxation techniques
- Living with oxygen
- Improved quality of life
- Decreased respiratory infections
- Decreased shortness of breath
- Increased knowledge of pulmonary disease and its management
- Increased ability to perform activities of daily living
- Increased survival
- Ability to return to work or leisure activities
- Decreased hospitalizations
How do I enroll?
A physician referral and a recent Pulmonary Function Test is required in order to determine if you qualify for the Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. If you have chronic lung disease and are limited in your daily activities due to your shortness of breath, then Pulmonary Rehabilitation may be right for you.
Don’t let your Pulmonary disease prevent you from enjoying life. Take control of your life back by joining our Pulmonary Rehabilitation Program. The quality of your life can and will improve!